Bambu Shoppe Desserts and Drinks
Bambu Shoppe is and dessert and drink restaurant located along historic El Camino Real, which dates to California’s Spanish colonial past. It is a counter-service cafe for Chè, a Vietnamese word for home-made beverages, dessert drinks and puddings. Bambu Shoppe Chè is made to order using daily prepared, fresh, colorful, and nutritious ingredients.
The space was originally built in the early 1900s, features 14-foot high ceilings, a glass facade with bar seating, and concrete floors. The interior architecture is clean, minimalist, and inviting. The architects inserted into the light filled dining space, a warm wood slat wall that curves to the ceiling. The space is calm and serene. Its restrained color palette is a foil to the naturally colorful food ingredients.
Press and Media
• e-architect.co.uk, Bambu Shoppe along El Camino Real
• Architectural Design: Gary Diebel, AIA
• Visualization: Richard Jenkins
• Structural Engineers: Taeho Um & Associates
• MEP Engineers: Optimized Energy & Facilities Consulting (OEFC)
• General Contractor: Yama Construction, LLC
• Photographer: Kevin Ng Photography